What is it?
- As a member of Maine Family Federal Credit Union you have the opportunity to participate in our Skip-A-Payment program. You can choose to skip the November, December or January payment on your Credit Union loan, Have more than one eligible loan? You can skip a payment on each!
- Skipping a payment is like “making a loan to yourself” and will allow you to take the stress out of the holiday season and take control of your budget. Use the extra cash to offset the many expenses that come during the holiday season. It’s our way of thanking you for loyalty, and telling you how much we appreciate your membership!
- It’s easy to apply! Complete the application below, and return it to us by mail, or by dropping it off at either Maine Family FCU location and we’ll do the rest! Locations at 555 Sabattus Street, Lewiston or 831 Minot Avenue, Auburn.
Rules & Disclosures
- A processing fee of $35.00 per loan will be deducted from your account. You can also mail a check for $35.00 with your Skip-A-Pay request. $5.00 of each processing fee will go towards the Maine Credit Maine Family Union League Campaign for Ending Hunger.
- Loans cannot be past due at time of application. All real estate – including Home Equity – Loans, Visa, Holiday, Fuel, and Back to School loans are not eligible. Not eligible unless six scheduled monthly payments have been made on the loan. Application and approval is required for all skipped payments. All applications are subject to the Credit Union’ final approval. Other rules may apply.
- Applications for monthly payments must be submitted at least five business days prior to loan due date. Applications for loan payments made weekly or bi-weekly must be submitted thirty days prior to loan due date. Interest will continue to accrue on unpaid balances through the skipped payment period.
Skipped payments may not extend the term of loan protection products you may have obtained through the credit union as part of your loan.
By signing above you authorize Maine Family FCU to extend the due date of your final loan payment by one month. The $35.00 processing fee will be deducted from your account selected above unless payment is enclosed. Interest will continue to accrue on unpaid balances through skipped payment period.