What is Courtesy Pay?
Courtesy Pay is the overdraft protection service on your checking account which pays an item presented for payment against your account- even if it causes the account to become overdrawn. Courtesy Pay will cover overdrafts up to $600 for a fee equal to Maine Family FCU’s current non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee. This is provided to Maine Family members in good standing whose account has been open for 30 days or longer.
Courtesy Pay is not an invitation to overdraw your account, but it is an added layer of safety should you accidentally present items for more than you have in your account, or an inadvertent error that causes the account to be overdrawn. Overdraft protection from savings and/or Overdraft Line of Credit is utilized BEFORE courtesy pay can be used.
What is POS Courtesy Pay?
POS (point-of-sale) Courtesy Pay is a valuable addition to our standard Courtesy Pay program, which provides coverage for one-time point-of-sale transactions and ATM withdrawals. Picture this scenario: You’re running low on gas or urgently need to purchase medicine for your child. You swipe your card expecting a seamless transaction, only to discover that it’s declined due to insufficient funds in your account. With POS Courtesy Pay, you can have peace of mind knowing that the transaction will be authorized, even if it results in a negative balance.
It is important to note that POS Courtesy Pay is not automatic and requires you to opt in. To enroll in POS Courtesy Pay, please call us at 207-783-2071 or toll-free at 1-800-783-2071 or visit one of our branch locations.
If you have any inquiries about our overdraft protection services or need further assistance, please reach out to Member Services at 207-783-2071. Your financial well-being is our priority, and we’re here to help you navigate your banking needs.
How does Courtesy Pay work?
- Overdrafts up to a total of $600 are covered, which creates a negative balance in the account.
- Limit of up to 5 fees per day.
- There is a 30-day payback period.
- Each time a member’s overdraft is paid, a fee equal to Maine Family’s current non-sufficient (NSF) funds fee will be charged to the member for each item paid. The amount charged for each item and the related fees will be subtracted from the total limit of $600.
- Overdraft protection from savings and/or Overdraft Line of Credit is utilized BEFORE Courtesy Pay can be used.
- A member has the right to discontinue this service at any time by notifying Maine Family at 783-2071.