Careers & Employment
Maine Family FCU is looking to hire an Accountant at its Lewiston Location.
This position will report to the Executive Vice President and will maintain the credit unions accounting records and reports ensuring they are in compliance with generally accepted accounting practices.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Keep all assigned general ledger accounts current and in balance
- Process and reconcile daily the Tricorp settlement
- Prepare and post various journal entries
- Provide end of month close and produce monthly financial statements
- Monitor, set up and run, fixed assets, prepaid assets and accruals
- Post investment checks
- Work closely with auditors/examiners on year end and comprehensive audits
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- Three to five years of similar or related experience
- Education/work skills in accounting/finance preferably in financial institutions
- Must be detailed oriented, able to multitask and solve problems
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required in addition to normal courtesy and tact
- Strong communication skills
Benefits and Compensation:
Compensation commensurate with experience. Maine Family FCU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, long term disability, 401(k) with company match, sick time, vacation time, personal time.
Candidates should send their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com, Mail to:
Maine Family FCU, ATTN: Kerry Hayes, 555 Sabattus Street, Lewiston ME 04240 or apply at our website mainefamilyfcu.com.